Broccoli Melt Down
- 2 large heads broccoli, cleaned and cut into large chunks
- 1/8 cup + 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 + 1 TBSP cup tahini (I use raw to keep this dish raw, but you can use regular)
- 1 tsp light miso
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP + 1 tsp coconut oil (in liquid form, so if it's hard you'll need to melt it)
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- a drop of agave nectar
- In batches, run the broccoli through the food processor, pulsing to obtain small pieces. You want them to be small enough that you'll be scooping them up with a spoon as you eat, but still have the crunch. So don't make broccoli mash! =D
- Place all of the broccoli in a large mixing or serving bowl.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in your Vitamix and process until you get a thick, creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli (you'll have to scrape the sides with a spatula).
- Mix the sauce & broccoli mixture well so that every piece is evenly coated.
- Enjoy each amazing bite!
- You want to end up with around 8 cups of broccoli - the heads I used were massive. If you use smaller heads, you'll need more.
- If you don't have a blender you can stir very, very well with a whisk. Just add the dry ingredients first and mix. Then add the wet ingredients, adding water little by little until you arrive at desired consistency.
Self: "OH. MY. GOODNESS."
The Spouse: "Uh, this is amazing. Where's the big bowl?"
The Sous-Chef: "Mhmmm. This is awesome!"
The D.Q.: "Can I have a bigger bowl?"
Miss U.N.: "Mmmm. Why isn't there more?"
Wild Thing: "Mhmm. Good! Very good!"