- one pear, cut into pieces
- 3 - 4 cups, packed, spinach leaves
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peaches
- 1/2 beet (I cut and freeze pieces of beet from our garden for the express use in smoothies)
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas (we cut our bananas in half and freeze the pieces)
- 1 - 2 tsp. non-alcoholic vanilla extract (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups water, adding more as needed
- Place water in bottom of blender.
- Add pear pieces to blender.
- Add spinach leaves on top of pear.
- Add all frozen fruit to blender, along with 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Start blender on low to get food moving, then quickly increase the speed to high. If the mixture is too thick to process add a little more water.
- Taste and increase vanilla extract if desired.
Real Review - 6/6
Self: "Oooh - this is sweet!"
The Spouse: "Mmm. I like the peach."
The Sous-Chef: "I like it! Can I freeze this into a Popsicle?"
The D.Q.: "I like it! Can I have more?"
Miss U.N.: "Mom, can we have this tomorrow?!"
Wild Thing: "MMMM!! Can I have [Miss UN's] because she is drinking it really slow."